[Space] update

Andrew Gerrand andrewdg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 08:28:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> wrote:
> Excellent news :) How much did the battery go down during the drive?

I didn't notice any reduction in battery level after the drive. That
said, the GSM radio wasn't activated (no SIM card) so it won't reflect
real-world performance. What typical battery life did you get out of
it day-to-day?

> We have the option of using a fisheye lens on the front. I kinda like
> the effect artistically and it probably makes sense to get the extra
> visual range at the cost of the corner pixels, but very open to
> suggestions from anyone more knowledgeable and/or opinionated about
> photography. Examples of each pointed in roughly the same direction
> attached.

I'm partial to fisheye also. It increases the chances of us capturing
something interesting in any given frame, and a determined individual
can reverse the effect with post-processing if so desired (yet the
reverse is not so).

Andrew