[Space] nevada team

Adam Fritzler mid at zigamorph.net
Thu Feb 11 19:09:04 UTC 2010

I've been trying to get a SPOT for a couple months now.  The problem
is that they released the new Spot 2 in October and then suddenly
recalled them all (and prevented any of them from being activated).
They've so far provided no real date on when they'll have a new rev of
the hardware available.  Latest clue is "late Feb".

The supply chain is apparently completely empty of both Spot 1 and
Spot 2's.  I even walked into REI in SF last month and there's a big
sign above the counter that says they don't know when they'll be on
sale again.

But, if they ever figure out QA and customer service, I'm pretty
confident the device is awesome.  A friend has a Spot 1 and is very
happy with it.  They seem quite nearly un-losable.

asf.