[Space] hacking session this weekend?

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Thu Jan 21 19:56:25 UTC 2010

Brainwave: I've been somewhat stumped at how to get the logic right
for resetting the GPS if necessary and SMSing position at the right
rate when descending. The obvious answer is to control it via inbound
SMS - have separate commands for send position updates, reset GPS
(maybe reboot phone, if an app can do that), get a position fix using
cell towers, upload sensor data, maybe even take a picture and upload
it, make the phone ring, turn on speakerphone, etc.

In other news, the ui and logging code now basically works. The only
outstanding questions in my mind are around process lifecycle: keeping
the app running, automatically starting it if the phone reboots, and
keeping the phone from going to sleep.

m.