[Space] Ham stuff, was Re: Sunday

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 18:37:13 UTC 2010

That's KJ6ERM/AG now, but the old KJ6ERM will suffice.  I did get a perfect
score on the exam, though, after deciding to (getting talked into) take it
on Wednesday.  This stuff is not that hard.  Chris (Paget, who also got a
perfect score) and I will probably be taking the Extra next month.

Chris and I have been discussing running exams at Noisebridge.  All we need
to do now is get accreditation as volunteer examiners (a form and a test
from ARRL) and get Mark Cohen out to help. We'll be able to, since Mark has
passed all of them and already is accredited, administer ANY exam people
want to take.  At any time we all happen to be there.  No planning required
(other than getting the right people to Noisebridge).

I'm thinking of printing out a couple sets of flash cards on card stock to
leave around so people can go through those and learn the stuff that's on
the exam.  The question pool and composition is widely disseminated, so (as
I have now empirically determined) with a small amount of effort, it's easy
to pass with just this effort.

Christie

_______
"We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/