[Space] actions and tasks and all

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 06:53:23 UTC 2010

We also got the antenna balun put together today, and it's connected up to
the cable to run it down to the payload.  We need a connector to hook it up
to the radio that Albert will be seeing if he can pick up at HSC tomorrow.
 If they don't have it, we can order it from Jameco and I can pick it up on
Tuesday.

Since we need to break into the audio cable, we'll be remaking the major
jank of a connector we made for it to connect up to the RS232.  We need male
pins for that, which are on our shopping list.  I've got the pinout from the
GPS identified and everything ready to go to connect up with that to the
sparkfun board then feed into the OpenTracker.  I have not done these
connections yet, since I just realized I need a connector for my board.

We still need to figure out if the PTT needs to be asserted for the VOX to
work.  We were going to try an experiment where we set it up and clip the
PTT lead to see if that's the reason Mikolaj's experiment with Nils'
application didn't work.  Albert was planning on tying that to +5V, so it's
continuously asserted.  I wanted to have this verified to make sure it needs
to remain asserted and won't cause us to blast stuff out continuously.

I expect to be working on this Tuesday.  One disadvantage of launching on
Saturday is we don't have that extra day to pull everything together like we
did last launch, so I'll be by Friday night to help pick up pieces.  Fridays
don't seem to be for sleeping for me anyway.

Christie
_______
"We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/