[Space] actions and tasks and all

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Mon Mar 22 10:35:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com>wrote:

> We also got the antenna balun put together today, and it's connected up to
> the cable to run it down to the payload.  We need a connector to hook it up
> to the radio that Albert will be seeing if he can pick up at HSC tomorrow.
>  If they don't have it, we can order it from Jameco and I can pick it up on
> Tuesday.
>
> Since we need to break into the audio cable, we'll be remaking the major
> jank of a connector we made for it to connect up to the RS232.  We need male
> pins for that, which are on our shopping list.  I've got the pinout from the
> GPS identified and everything ready to go to connect up with that to the
> sparkfun board then feed into the OpenTracker.  I have not done these
> connections yet, since I just realized I need a connector for my board.
>
> We still need to figure out if the PTT needs to be asserted for the VOX to
> work.  We were going to try an experiment where we set it up and clip the
> PTT lead to see if that's the reason Mikolaj's experiment with Nils'
> application didn't work.  Albert was planning on tying that to +5V, so it's
> continuously asserted.  I wanted to have this verified to make sure it needs
> to remain asserted and won't cause us to blast stuff out continuously.

I think the answer is no - Nils had this working with his existing cable,
which doesn't connect the PTT pins. But I'll defer to him to explain
details, since I failed to get it to work :(

m.

> I expect to be working on this Tuesday.  One disadvantage of launching on
> Saturday is we don't have that extra day to pull everything together like we
> did last launch, so I'll be by Friday night to help pick up pieces.  Fridays
> don't seem to be for sleeping for me anyway.
>
> Christie
> _______
> "We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
> scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17
>
> The outer bounds is only the beginning.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/
>

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> You have me down for contacting reporters... plural?  I am not sure who
>> else you'd like to get an email, but I contacted the Danish guy.  Who else
>> needs a bulletin?  Would you like a press release or something?  I'm
>> thinking that's something we might want to recruit Ariel or Sam to do.
>>
>> Ariel?  Sam?  How are you with this idea?
>>
>> Christie
>> _______
>> "We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
>> scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17
>>
>> The outer bounds is only the beginning.
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> wrote:
>>
>>> The todo list for this week:
>>>
>>> 1. audio mixing - Albert
>>> 2. APRS softmodem - Nils
>>> 3. CHDK on SD1100 - Blake
>>> 4. A700 IR setup - Blake
>>> 5. Antenna balun & connection - Albert & Christie
>>> 6. Foam carving - Christopher
>>> 7. Parachute/rigging - we'll wing it
>>> 8. Lens heating - Albert & Christopher
>>> 9. Active heating - Albert & Christopher
>>> 10. Mylar bagging - Albert & Christopher
>>> 11. Topcap - Christopher
>>> 12. Package tracker - Christie
>>> 13. More balloons - Mikolaj
>>> 14. Payload+baseplate setup/attachment - Christopher
>>> 15. Luggage scale - Mikolaj
>>> 16. Graph page picture for A700 fisheye - Blake
>>> 17. Contact reporters - Christie
>>> 18. Filming contacts - Christopher