[Space] Interested Rocket Man

James Mulroy james.d.mulroy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 10:12:08 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I'm James and I was planning on checking out Noisebridge/Spacebridge in a
few months since I plan to move to SF in Fall (I'm in Davis right now).
 Your project interests me and I'd like to participate.

First, I'm a 21 year old aero engineering person.  I have launched probably
around a dozen sounding balloons to between 80k and 120k feet successfully,
with a university group in Alabama.  I was also a part of
HASP<http://laspace.lsu.edu/hasp/> with
one other grad student, one year.  HASP is a balloon somewhat larger than a
football field and it hovers between 120-130k feet for a day or so--we were
up for a little longer than 30 hours.

Second, I'm into rockets.  I fly with Tripoli Rocketry Association for those
of you who know what that is (I saw a link on your wiki so someone over
there knows what it is), and it would be cool if there were a group of
others who'd like to get together and build high power rockets with; it's
much more fun when you get together with people instead of just showing up
at a launch in the middle the desert with something that you built yourself.
 I also make my own propellant.  I'm big into DIY everything, making
composites, machining, and of course avionics.  Anyone at Noisebridge and
Spacebridge interested?  :D

-James

--
James Mulroy