[Tastebridge] Kombucha - Check #1

Rameen emprameen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:07:45 UTC 2010

Looks like mold to me too. Except that it's wet.
I would also suggest removing it and seeing if it re-forms.
I've heard of sinking scoby (people conclude it to be harmless, or maybe an
indicator of maturity when the scoby has re-risen)
This website has a lot of photos and info:
http://happyherbalist.com/gallery.htm
My kombucha seems to grow best when it's covering the surface of the jar.
I've read if you add fluid on top of them a new one will form at the air

It seems that mold will pretty much only grow on top, and will be pretty
much the same as other types of house-hold mold. Fuzzy, dusty, green etc.