[Tastebridge] incubator testing, results and next steps

algoldor at frantisekapfelbeck.org algoldor at frantisekapfelbeck.org
Fri Sep 3 06:22:38 UTC 2010

Hi to All!
With Mike and Douglass we have done testing of the incubator, former
mini fridge.

passive testing
measuring that the circuit is closed
it is not
the cord is working

active testing
connecting the compressor to the electricity bypassing the thermostat
compressor is working/functioning
thermostat is not functioning, reason unknown

I'm glad to find out that the actual cooling mechanism is working. Now
during the next weekend and week I'd like to, with help of the others:

- install the heating element consisting of aquarium heater submerged
in water in some 1 gl glass container and sealed, in to the incubator
with temperature set by internal thermostat which is already part of
the heating element
- install arduino connected to thermistor already prepared by
Mario/Rameen/Mike/Glen etc. in to the incubator
- connect the arduino and thermistor to the laptop outside the
incubator (biotron)
- use the script which was already prepared measuring the temperature
and data collection

If we manage any of these steps above in the next let say 10 days,
cool! We can discuss it more deeply on next Tastebridge meeting
(probably Monday 6 pm) and work on it during the Circuit Hacking
Monday and Arduino Class/work group and at any other time.

Thanks a lot for the support, the things are starting to come
together, which is just great!.

Take care,

Frantisek