[Tastebridge] Was a kitchen decision reached at the free school member ship meeting

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:57:12 UTC 2011

that's confusing, maybe what they meant was that the kitchen problems
were discussed at the meeting, which i bet they were.  i am cc'ing
danny here in case he wants to chime in about what happened at that
meeting - i believe he was there.

if tastebridge as a group decides they want to create guidelines for
how 'tastebridge' donations are used, it might serve to mitigate this
kind of confusion.  who is "allowed" to take money from the donation
jar in the kitchen?  for what purposes?  There are no clear guidelines
about that (as far as i know) and i think on some level you are
seeking them.  I think you can help create them do-ocratically,
cynthia, through continuing to take the initiative for dialogue with
the other users of the kitchen.

i would encourage people who are concerned about the collection and
purpose of this donation money to meet, discuss, and set guidelines.
Then those guidelines must be communicated to the community.

An easy way to communicate a guideline of "this money is not for you"
is a lock.  the pink, locking box by the front door was built by a
member who felt like it was needed - he then gave the keys to someone
else, who collects the money.  if tastebridge would like a dedicated
donation jar that has restricted access, that is a model that could be
implemented.

R.