[Tastebridge] vegan twinkie hacking!

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:52:01 UTC 2012

Damn, this sounds fun!  But I'll be out of town.  Please take pictures! Mitch.
 Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:26:07 -0800
From: maggiefrankel at yahoo.com
To: tastebridge at lists.noisebridge.net
Subject: [Tastebridge] vegan twinkie hacking!

Hey Tastebridge,

                    Vegan Hacker is back for February 2012— with dessert!
There has previously been speculation as to whether store-bought  Twinkies actually count as food or not. We’re not 100% sure either— but we do
 know that some of us have been craving the taste and texture (but not
the animal shortening, eggs, milk protein, etc) of a Twinkie for well
over a decade now— and it’s time to take action! But it’s also time to
get creative! There is no reason to limit ourselves to mere yellow
sponge cake and vanilla-ish cream filling! Let’s hack the Twinkie!
We will be using this recipe (http://blogs.kcrw.com/goodfood/2012/01/vegetarian-recipe-vegan-twinkies/) as a very general guideline, and will provide a basic vegan batter, creamy filling, and aluminum foil that we can fold into twinkie-shaped mini pans (http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Twinkie-Challenge/step2/Making-the-Twinkie-molds/).
 It’s up to you to bring vegan ingredients to add to the batter, or to
add to/ supplement the filling! There are so many delicious/intriguing
possibilities: cocoa, fruit filling, fakin’ bacon… Yum!

Date: February 28, 2012

Time: 6m
Want to join us? Have questions? RSVP (let us know what you want to bring!) or ask away at veganhackerSF at gmail dot com!
See y’all then!
http://www.veganhackersf.com/post/17328133318/vegan-hacker-is-back-for-february-2012-with