[Tastebridge] Geeks & Depression / SciFi Fantasy / Random Bold Texting

Tony K. LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 00:28:47 UTC 2012

Excellent, Mitch. Can I do a little write-up on *Geeks & Depression* for
the first issue of my *ZiP* <http://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Zip>? Would
you do one on the 28c3 panel apropos of this? Please!

*The Wonderful Wizard of Noise.* That's an image/idea that just came to my
mind. ("Noise" pronounced French style, so it sort of rhymes with "Oz." The
phrase did anyway, but what would an illustration of it look like? Make
one! Someone. Anyone? In any medium, digital or scan-able. Submit it for
the ZiP.)

Did you know.......the first discussion list on *ARPAnet* (predecessor of *The
Internet* which we all know and love and could not live without today) was *
SF-LOVERS*, devoted to Science Fiction fans. I'm writing about this for the
ZiP, vis a vis *"Why the Unicorn Emblem?"* If anyone wishes to add
to/contribute to the theme of "The Connection between Sci-Fi/Fantasy and
Hacking," please do to. Get in touch with moi.

Should I donate my collector's edition, mint-condition, red leatherette
bound, gold tree embroidered,
not-a-trilogy-but-a-single-book-as-originally-intentioned by *Tolkien*,
purchased-for-me-on-Christmas-1993-by-my-aunt-who-committed-in-2001 copy of
*The Lord of the Rings* to Noisebridge? I'm afraid I'll lose it in the
midst of all my *squatting and upheaval and general life disorder* of late.
Then again, I'm afraid I'll never see it again if I do. Can it sit in a
glass box, guarded by *Noisebot?*

Transmission terminated.

The Wonderful Wizard of ZiP <http://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Zine>