[Tastebridge] Makr.io

Rosanna Yau info at rosannayau.com
Wed Jun 20 00:45:19 UTC 2012

Hey Noisebridge/Tastebridgers,

It's been a long time since I've come to TB to share my insect flour recipe, but I hope that everyone is doing well.

TLDR: please use http://makr.io and help us launch over the next couple days.

If you didn't know, I work with Diaspora* as their designer, and the D* team has still been at it, trying to find new ways to get people to interact on line.

We've got some ideas about empowering personal creativity that we want to test out independently of the Diaspora* brand. So we have launched a fork of Diaspora*, called "makr.io".  We're trying to build a fun way of communicating online that gives people more 'emotional' ownership over the stuff they share online, so that they will in turn respect the fact that they own their data.

Right now, it's pretty simple, put text on a photo and magic happens. Another core mechanic of our site is "remixing" other people's posts, with your own images/messages. Please have fun and play around with it (we are), we're pretty sure you'll love it.

We got into Ycombinator, to try and help make the D* dream a reality, this is an evolution on that road. We've been playing around with some of the people in our batch, and are having a great time; now we are trying to seed a core community. If you could pretty pretty please sign in, poke around, make something, and talk to people, you'll really be helping us out. If you could come back over the next couple
days, and continue to do that, then we'll have a community, which is the most powerful force in the world.

Please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions or feedback.

Thanks and hope to see you on makr.io!
Rosanna & the Diaspora* Team

P.S. If you know any other people or other mailing lists who would be into this, please share the link with them.