[Tastebridge] Counter Culture Labs in Oakland now accepting members!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 20:33:08 UTC 2014

Hi Fermentin' Folks!

Counter Culture Labs is now *accepting memberships*
<https://counterculturelabs.org/join/>! And we even set up a special offer
for folks interested in food science and instrumentation...

Our basic introductory *"Founding Membership" is $75/mo* while we are
setting up our new lab space. But we would also like to offer the use of
our space for food science projects and other work such as electronics that
do not require use of a BioSafety Level 1 lab or hazardous materials, for a
temporary low membership rate (including full voting rights) of *$20 a
month*.

This rate will be available on a month-to month basis at least through
September, and we will give a month’s notice when the rate is about to
change. Once the lab is up and running, we will still have a lower non-lab
rate at no more than half the full membership rate. In addition, we also
plan to set up a system where people can apply for sponsorship.

*> > https://counterculturelabs.org/join/
<https://counterculturelabs.org/join/> < <*
We are also scheduling new science meetups for the coming month. Would any
of you like to run a joint meetup with us on Kombucha and/or other brewing
projects (vinegar, beer, kefir,...)? You could do a practical hands-on demo
and/or taste testing, talk about sensors, etc. - and we could complement
that with some of the hard-core microbiology and biohacking ideas!

Thanks!

Patrik