[Toorcamp] Bathroom infrastructure and water?

Sabrina sabrina at autopornography.com
Wed Jun 24 19:21:38 UTC 2009

> 1) Does anyone actually know how much water each person can count on
> getting on site for free?

 From what I gather from speculation and second-hand gossip (and I'm
not part of the wee tiny inner circle who is in the know about the
camp), we can't count on any water.  There's apparently a well on
site, not not nearly enough to sustain everyone at camp for 4 days.
Plan on packing in enough water for your group.

> 2) Anyone know if there's a shower of some kind and if the toilets can
> be assumed functional?

No showers, but there will be porta-potties.

> 3) Should I play it safe and set up a shower/porta-potty with the
> following items and if so would people kick in a few bucks:
>
> $28 portable bucket-style toilet with a seat
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000FIAPXO/
> ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A1DVTBR2NQ2Q9F&v=glance
>
> $80 portable self-supporting shower stall including 5 gallon solar
> shower
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000ITVSSQ/
> ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

I personally bought a 5-gallon shower bag thing, but nothing to hang
it from.  I figure I'll hang mine from a truck or a nerd or something.

Sabrina