[tor] status of tor.noisebridge.net

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Aug 11 13:30:30 UTC 2011

We have a git repo for HTML; look in ~adi/ for the details.  Something
like the following:

noisetor% cd $HOME
noisetor% git clone -n ~adi/www.git www.git
noisetor% cd www.git
noisetor% cp ~adi/www.git/hooks/post-receive www.git/hooks

Then to make local edits:

local% git clone tor.noisebridge.net:www.git www
local% cd www; vi index.html
local% git push
Counting objects: 4, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 462 bytes, done.
Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: From /home/adi/www
remote:    59953c1..6490e80  master     -> origin/master
remote: Updating 59953c1..6490e80
remote: Fast-forward
remote:  Makefile |    7 +++++++
remote:  1 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
remote:  create mode 100644 Makefile
To tor.noisebridge.net:www
   59953c1..6490e80  master -> master
local%

At this point it's pushed to http://tor.noisebridge.net/~adi/ and I can
test it.  If I want to push to /var/www/ so that it appears at
http://tor.noisebridge.net, I do

noisetor% cd public_html
noisetor% make install
git archive HEAD | sudo tar -C /var/www -xf -
[sudo] password for adi:

We need some CSS and logos, and confirmation from Kelly that it works
for her, and then we can remove the disable comment in index.html and
start publicizing this.

Also updating cha-ching.noisebridge.net, breaking out the Tor donations,
making a separate graph and including it in Tor index.html, and
integrate a bandwidth graph.

-andy