[tor] status of tor.noisebridge.net

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Aug 13 01:08:21 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 06:30:30AM -0700, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> At this point it's pushed to http://tor.noisebridge.net/~adi/ and I can
> test it.

Everything up to this point is still the same, but mct worked with me to
fix up the push-to-production workflow.

We added a /var/git/www.git repo as a canonical, root-owned repository
of what is in /var/www/ .  In that repo, `hooks/post-receive` exports
the current 'master' to /var/www on each push.

I have a bare repo in $HOME/www.git/, and another repo in public_html.
The bare repo has a `hooks/post-receive` which automatically pushes to
public_html.

I cloned to my laptop using "git clone tor.noisebridge.net:www.git", and
now when I "git push" it automatically updates both my www.git and my
public_html version; then I can test the deployment at
http://tor.noisebridge.net/~adi/ and ensure that it works correctly.

Once it looks right on my testing site, I just run "make install" in
public_html, which runs "sudo git push", which updates /var/git/www.git
and runs the post-receive trigger, which publishes to /var/www as
follows:

noisetor% cd public_html
noisetor% make install
sudo git push /var/git/www.git