[tor] Friday hackathon (was: EFF tweet about noisetor)

Damian Johnson atagar1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:36:02 UTC 2011

>    - Jake mentioned that we should not link to
>      http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/, which is going to disappear at some
>      point, but instead link to something like
>      http://metrics.torproject.org/relay-search.html?search=noisebridge

Last we heard Olaf wasn't sure if he'd be able to continue blutmagie
or not since it was based on a special deal he was getting from his
employer. However, he was talking about his huge relay, not the
torstatus page which is probably a much smaller burden in terms of
hosting. If the fate of that torstatus page is a concern then you
could...
- check with him, it might be up for the foreseeable future (cc-ed)
- use another torstaus page (http://torstatus.cyberphunk.org/ seems to
be down at the moment, I should contact them...)
- wait a few weeks and we'll have an instance of the new django
torstatus site ready

I'm not clear on your use case, but the metrics page is meant for
researchers and might not be the most user friendly choice. -Damian