[tor] Tor node update

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Sep 24 22:53:27 UTC 2011

exit01 maxed out at 200 Mbps today and is sustaining 160 Mbps.  This is
normal behavior for high-throughput Tor nodes (although I don't
completely understand what parts of the Tor network cooperate to cause
the months-long slow ramp up time).  We should be pushing 300 Mbps by
the end of September.

We have recurring donation links for Paypal thanks to @mfb.  I've also
cleaned up some of the text on the front page.

We turned on full exit mode this week after getting all of our
abuse-complaint-handling systems up and running.  We are still not quite
all the way to where we want to be in WHOIS, but we have a ticket open
with the provider to fix that.

We're in the process of setting up Flattr.  We'd love to get more
donation options set up!  Keep up the suggestions.

-andy