[tor] Promotion with EFF and other groups?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Sep 23 00:48:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 05:25:43PM +0200, aestetix aestetix wrote:
> What is left to do before we can give the EFF and others the go-ahead to
> promote the project? I saw the Rubin already posted something on the
> Noisebridge blog about launching the project during the 3 year party,
> wondering what status on everything is...

The only thing we *need* to do is turn on the exit bit!  which we can do
immediately, the last remaining blocker was getting reverse DNS and
rWHOIS set up which we finished on Monday or something.

Holy shit, we have SWIP too!  Thanks Shannon!

% whois 173.254.216.66
Noisebridge Tor Project NOISETOR-01 (NET-173-254-216-64-1)
173.254.216.64 - 173.254.216.95

I have been busy at work and haven't found the time to reconfigure our
exit policy; it's 5 or 10 minutes of editing the torrc files,
restarting, and watching to make sure it comes back up right.

There are a few things in the "it would be nice" category:

1. recurring donation buttons on the webpage
2. flattr and wepay options for PayPal refuseniks
3. get a new logo that's not questionably derived from The Tor Project
logo
4. jqPlot integration of cha-ching and bandwidth graphs

and the rest of that todo list I posted a few weeks ago ...

-any