[tor] Financial report from Kelly for the meeting tonigth

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Sep 28 22:49:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 07:50:04PM +0200, Noisebridge Treasurer wrote:
> I think we agreed that the general fund receives 8% to cover paypal
> fees. Happy to re-open that debate if anyone is unclear on why.

I'm fine with that, but I was assuming that it went like this:

 $100.00 donation
-   3.50 paypal fees (deducting the actual amount charged by paypal)

  ==> $96.50 transferred to noisebridge

-   5.00 to noisebridge general fund
 -------
 $ 91.50 to noisetor

We have all the info needed to implement that scheme, and I'm happy to
write the code to do it.

But I'm also perfectly fine with a fixed 8% off the gross donation
amount.  That's a little bit easier to implement but it ends up putting
a variable amount into the general fund pool.  I apparently missed some
of the decisionmaking on this, sorry about that.

-andy