[tor] noisetor status

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Sep 23 07:14:20 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 07:17:31PM -0700, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> One of the Tor daemons' IP addresses, 173.254.216.67, appears to be
> blackholed by the DNS servers at the ISP.  We should probably open a
> ticket to get that fixed.  This is what originally got me working on
> this, I noticed that 1/4 daemons was no longer passing much traffic even
> though it seemed to be running OK.

It's not just blocked at the DNS, nearly no traffic makes it in or out to .67.
I've restarted that daemon using .70 instead.  We should still open a
ticket with the vendor to discuss this apparent block on .67.

The block is fairly recent, sometime on Friday apparently, according to
network stats.

-andy