[Noisebridge WebDev] Front-end web dev course tomorrow!

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 15:53:25 UTC 2014

Hi Chad,

All valid concerns!

This is a Hangout on Air with no invitees, which means that I will be the only one speaking and viewers will be watching on YouTube, which means no possibility for interruptions.

One way to provide feedback during the class is to submit a question to the hangout's Q&A widget, which you'll see when the class is in session. I'll try to check on it throughout the class as much as I can. (And I hope no one abuses that form of input.)

As for audio problems - I've never had audio problems, per se, but bandwidth is a problem on the Wi-Fi networks at Noisebridge. Recently there's been some rewiring at the space which resulted in ethernet being temporarily removed from the walls, which means I'm broadcasting wirelessly, which usually means lower quality - and if attendance is high, I can't guarantee a steady stream.

If my stream cuts out or is otherwise impossible to watch, it's worth remembering that this is my sixth time through the material, and the fifth time I have streamed the entire class to YouTube. If the stream fails, please watch the equivalent video on the Previous Classes page, or the notes archive linked at the bottom of it.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Front-end_Web_Development/Notes

A note for all who are reading: it's worth noting that the class is best attended in person, if possible. Those who have attended in both ways felt the class to me much more engaging and easy to understand.

As for tools, all you need is a good text editor and a web browser, so with Sublime you're more than prepared. The class does start at 8PM PDT. In future weeks, a half-hour recap will be streamed starting at 7:30.
Jeffrey