ZinesFromOuterSpace The odds were very odd & the ends were in fact beginnings

Glamortramp glamortramp at riseup.net
Sun Aug 12 02:10:44 UTC 2012

Hey ya,

Glamortramp here, occupier/zinester/hacker/HomesNotJails member. New to
the Home Defenders mailing list. Rather than wasting time w/ an
introduction I'm gonna jump right in. Ccing to the ZiP mailing list &
Noisebridge (since it is an anarchist hackerspace, right?)

>From the Examiner (which I read only b/c somebody drops it off free twice
a week in front of my current occupad): "Twitter co-founder Evan Williams
hopes to tear down his $3 million home in San Francisco to build an
entirely new one for his young family — and his Planning Department
application has already exceeded 140 characters." Read more here
http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2012/08/twitter-co-founder-s-attempt-raze-rebuild-house-riling-neighbors#ixzz23HD0IlcQ

They don't reveal the address of Williams' house, but I could find that &
plenty of other info about it based on details provided in the article.
I've grown quite adept at gathering such info. You find some surprising
things when you start tracing chains of ownership. I've become this sort
of renegade gumshoe vigilante (public detective?). It's fun, it's
fascinating & like a really good video- or RPGame or play it grows
endlessly more complex. Unlike a video game or play, it's reality.

New mailing list for HomesNotJails is in the works here
https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/homesnotjails. Those interested in
housing rights activism/squatting/SPAZzing ought to take a look & consider
subscribing. HNJ is currently planning a benefit as well as a 10/10 World
Homeless Day action, which will also mark the 20th Anniversary of
HomesNotJails. The possibility of working w/ Occupy Bernal, the Home
Defenders & similar groups exists.

>From the OccupySF Google group:

"New York City is poised to become the surveillance capital of America. On
Wednesday, city officials unveiled a massive new surveillance system that
they say will "revolutionize law enforcement." The Domain Awareness System
- as it's called - gathers information from thousands of video cameras
mounted around the city. And using maps, city records, arrest records,
license plate readers, and 911 calls, it brings everything together in a
centralized source to be reviewed by Police.
The city is already monitoring live feeds from more than 3,000 cameras -
mostly in the financial district - but more cameras are expected to be
added soon. This technology was developed for the city by Microsoft - and
will be packaged and sold to other cities around our nation - with New
York getting a cut of the profits.
So, not only has domestic surveillance become a tool for the wealthy elite
to suppress an American population that is growing more and more restless
- but it's also a tool to make a lot of money. Welcome to America - The
Corporate Police State.

Reader comment added: Don't forget #TrapWire"

Zine/Hacker related, not housing: Check out the customizing I've been
doing on the ZiP site http://zine.riseup.net. It's starting to look
satisfactory. I'm just tweaking the Stylesheet I got from Wordpress, so
it's beginning-level hacker stuff, but it's exciting to me since I'm a
complete n00b w/ coding & am self-taught other than a couple quick
informal tutorials from friends & one single Front-End Web Dev class I
attended @ NB
recently. I'm not done w/ it yet of course. I'd like something killer like
the Glass Skull we saw in the FEWD class....an animated graphic of the
page zipping open to reveal the navigation menu when visitors first arrive
on the site. I sure need to update some of the info & links on there, too,
but we gotta buckle down & get ZiP03 done first. For those masses of
people just waiting, yearning, burning w/ desire to read it, you know.

I know.

All for now. Off to Sister Boom Boom's memorial & then perhaps the
5LOWERSHOP ravething. Or I may just in & watch infomercials & hack.

--
Glam.....or tramp?