ZinesFromOuterSpace Kitchen / Zine Meeting / Needed for ZiP02

glamortramp at riseup.net glamortramp at riseup.net
Thu Mar 1 20:23:21 UTC 2012

The kitchen has been asked to leave the space. It wasn't hacking hard enough.

(I'm guessing...)

Quick reminder because I was unable to attend the general meeting Tuesday:
zine planning session for ZiP Issue 2 @ Noisebridge tonight, Thursday
March 1st, 8pm. (If you don't know what ZiP is go to
http://zine.noisebridge.net, or https://noisebridge.net/wiki/zine on the
Noisebridge wiki.)

We have just uploaded the full text of a new zinebook (12 pages), "The
Black Ice Holiday." View High-Res JPEGS here

http://zine.noisebridge.net/zfos/blackice

Things needed for ZiP02):

-Tech/code articles: we need more!
-Article on Code Hero / Kickstarter fundraising campaign (this is the
potential feature or headliner piece)
-Games (video or otherwise): nobody's really covering this right now
-An illustrator to collaborate on a comic strip with: "The Noisebridge
Muppet Show"
-Article on anarchy, possibly a review of Graeber's "Fragments of an
Anarchist Anthropology" proposed as reading material on Discuss a while
back (the loose theme for ZiP02 is "Anarchy Enema")
-Article on psychedelics: research, proposed event, pros & cons: one
person is writing a "pro" piece already I think, but we could use more
-Zines & other publications to review, preferably from the Bay Area but
not required
-Summary of "soda pop wars" digesting the Discuss list brouhaha, if anyone
wants

Don't let the "Anarchy Enema" theme dissuade you. It's a loose theme. It
doesn't really mean anything. It was kind of a joke. It could change.

Hackity hack,

gl at mortramp