ZinesFromOuterSpace fiscal sponsorship

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun May 27 08:14:34 UTC 2012

*On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Gavin Knight <gnnrok at gmail.com> wrote:
*

> *Well,*
> *
> *I'm sorry more people haven't gotten involved.*
> *
> *
> *What do you think about your current approach is causing this?*

I know what *you* think it is about my approach that's causing it.

(Before I go into that.....click here <http://zine.noisebridge.net/> if you
want to view new NB photos taken tonight!)

You've been giving me advice (largely by comparing me negatively with Alex)
for quite a while now. It has annoyed me, but I've kept that annoyance to
myself (mostly). It does piss me off, though....especially since, from day
one, I've been the kind of person everyone claims to be the ideal
Noisebridger: someone who only works on projects while I'm in the space,
usually specifically on projects directly related to Noisebridge. I've gone
a little overboard with NB Discuss, I know, but I really think people
protest too much about that. If it's so irrelevant....don't read it.

I don't really think it's fair to blame me for all of the no-shows last
Thursday. Some of it, no doubt. Most likely some people were simply busy
doing other things, as people so often are, and ZiP just isn't a priority
for anyone but me. Trouble is, megazines don't write themselves. And if the
people who don't read my emails also hate the phone and don't come to
meetings, then.....well, that makes it awfully hard to communicate, I can't
help thinking.

Solution: why don't you organize the next meeting for the zine. You, *or
anyone else reading this* who may be interested (I'm Ccing this to, like, a
million people, because that's another of my annoying habits, I know....but
at least I Bcc 'em most of the time for confidentiality.) That will remove
me -- the problem -- from the equation. I know I'm not very good at all
this other shit. Although I personally enjoyed the meetings we had for
ZiP02, even after you mysteriously stopped coming to them without telling
me why. I will simply email you, or whoever else, a list of ideas or
suggestions for the contributors to work with, & you can report back to me
whatever you decide, & I'll be happy to simply edit, design pages & write
content.

No, really. I'd love that! I may stop in just for one meeting to say Hi or
something, but that's it.

Let me know who to send the idea list too, or you can just take the one I
already sent to everyone as a Google doc. It's still pretty solid.

Here <http://zine.noisebridge.net/> are a few photos Azusa took tonight @
NB. My housemate Caesar (pictured in the background in one of the photos)
found that Lego pirate ship & brought it to NB tonight. If we have some
white fabric paint I want to paint that pirate logo (or is it from the CCC?
the one on the huge black flag above the No Exit door) on one of the sails.

A lot's happened while you've been away, FYI. I'm taking a programming
class now & on Monday -- Circuit Hacking Monday -- I took the guts out of
my old PC laptop & with the help of all the king's men* -- & a set of torx
screwdrivers given to NB by former president Jonathan L. -- we soldered
Humpty Dumpty back together again. She's purring like a kitten. A kitten
running Windows!

Old habits.....

Tony

*primarily Jake & Miloh