[Neuro] Neuro Digest, Vol 32, Issue 4

John Withers jwithers at reddagger.org
Thu May 2 05:27:25 UTC 2013

On 05/01/2013 07:54 PM, LinkReincarnate wrote:
> Oh and I'll be lucky to sell 25 in a year.  For reference.  I think a
> years worth of work is worth at least 500 dollars. Don't you?
>

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM, LinkReincarnate
> <linkreincarnate at gmail.com <mailto:linkreincarnate at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     My markup is only 20 dollars per device.  For every 25 I source,
>     build, test, and sell I get 500 dollars.  I'm not exactly becoming
>     a millionaire here. My costs to build them is 50. If I were being
>     a proper capitalist I would be charging at least 100 because that
>     is double my cost. Many people say you can only keep
>     a business afloat if you charge 3 times your cost.  If you can
>     find an adjustable current,current ramping , assembled and shipped
>     tdcs device for less than 70 please link to it.  I don't think you
>     can though.  Can you build one yourself for cheaper?  Of course*
>     *(ignoring your own labor costs)

Nope, can't do it. And that wasn't what it appeared you were offering.
Instead you said that you would show people how to build your kit.
Considering the parts are trivially inexpensive and common, there are
like 6 solder joints in the whole thing, and you have gotten boards
produced but strip board works just spiffy I think $70 a little
expensive yeah.

I stand by my offer to show anyone who is interested how to do this at
cost for local experimenters who want to sit down and do it. Basically,
I think trying to make a profit off local hackers who don't happen to
know super fundamental electronics isn't horrible, but isn't where I am at.