[Noisebridge-board] Fwd: [#599470390] Non-Profit account verification

David Molnar dmolnar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 07:37:08 UTC 2010

* That is in fact our IRS determination letter on the wiki. We will
need to file a change of address form. I remember vaguely that there
is somewhere to send off for a new letter once we have filed the form
but I don't know the details. If all else fails we can contact Carol
Gee, who handled the 501c3 process with us.

* The 990 form is the federal government "tax return" for a nonprofit.
Last year, we only needed to consider 2008 contributions to
Noisebridge. Those were low enough that we needed only to file the
"Form 990-N e-postcard." This year we will almost certainly need to
file the form 990-EZ or maybe the form 990. I strongly suggest
Noisebridge look into an accountant for this who has expertise in
filing these forms.

I also filed the state tax form (I don't recall the exact number),
again in 2008 we only needed to file a simple form.