[CQ] 2 meter radio donation for NB?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Dec 8 21:13:43 UTC 2009

It'd be great to have a radio around the space; I'm not sure where to put
it, or how best to control access to it.  I'd guess that we could get by
with not programming in any local repeaters with tones; that should make it
obscure enough to keep all but the most devoted trolls from abusing it.

We'll still need an antenna, but that's a pretty small problem.  The bigger
thing is: can we get away with a single drop into the space, and then have
an antenna switcher or something up on the roof?

I'm really enthused about getting an HF rig up, too.  Mostly because I'm
only Technician, so I need one of y'all Generals present to operate on the
meaningful frequencies =)

Bring the radios in and we'll find a home for 'em!  If you need space, I can
shuffle a bunch of stuff on my shelf, which is getting dangerously full, as
a temporary home.

Thanks Bill!

(Also: you shouldn't be getting moderated from this address any more, I
finally remembered how to toggle that in mailman's UI.)
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com