[Cyborg] motor success, compass fail

Lamont Lucas lamont at cluepon.com
Mon Mar 23 22:38:28 UTC 2009

I can totally add my measurements of the motor to the spreadsheet.  And
if you like, I'm happy to drop off a few motors for you to play with
while I'm gone.  Just let me know when you'll be by NB, or if your shelf
is clearly labeled, I can put them in an envelope and put them on the shelf.

I was just varying the knob on my power supply and measuring the in-line
current draw with my multimeter.  But like I said, I plan on driving
them via PWM, so the impedance of the motor should increase as I
increase the frequency of the PWM (or as the motor spins faster).  Which
means that they should take even less current while being driven like
that, although I'm not really sure how practical that effect is given
the relatively low frequencies I can drive it at.

If I finish wiring up the test harness with my RBBB and shift-register
driver chip, would you be interested in using it for the week I'm gone?
You'd either need to borrow my FTDI cable or have your own TTL-to-USB
chip that works with the arduino IDE.