[Cyborg] Cyborg/fyborg tails!

Thomas Coleman dontac at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 05:41:52 UTC 2010

Heya all,

I'm the Thomas Coleman mentioned below, sorry for the delay responding. The
sensors mentioned by Mikolaj are derived from the core technology behind the
Audeo (http://www.theaudeo.com). They input three signals from the surface
of the skin (and power/ground), and output a unipolar digital signal
corresponding to the level of muscle activity. Bigger muscle activity,
bigger byte value. The cool thing is I originally designed them to detect
the extremely low level signals of people no longer able to produce
detectable activity, like locked in ALS patients. This means they can pick
up signals so weak nobody can tell you're even doing anything to trigger
them. It takes some self-training to reliably control your signals like
that, but once you get it you can do all kinds of cool/spooky things
(somewhere out there is a youtube vid of me evilly cruising in a wheelchair
among other things hehe). Anyways, long story short the sensors he was
talking about are more hacker-friendly than furry-specific. They're
reliable, sensitive, RF immune, tiny, and can even use steel as skin
contacts. Sorry I'm kinda proud of my babies :)

~T