[Darkroom] Darkroom calendar and updates

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:54:32 UTC 2012

I guess same question to you Celeste. Who else is keeping personal
supplies in the darkroom? It's been over 6 months since the last time
I organized it, but last I checked there were no personal supplies.

I'm disappointed to hear that no one else told you that keeping a
filing cabinet of personal supplies in the darkroom might bother
people. That seems pretty obvious to me. Did you mean you discussed
this with RAYC (Robert)? He's constantly going off about open-sourcing
the kitchen. And Rubin should really know better on this one too.

Sorry if I came across as threatening. I can see where you're coming
from, and your good intentions were also clear. I was (am) just really
furious, and mostly at the community for not raising a flag about
this, which is why I asked how much interaction you've had with the
larger community. Word of mouth is a pretty spotty way to spread
cultural norms, so these things happen sometimes. It's just
frustrating after years to have to keep coming to the conclusion that
even with good faith all around (arguably the only thing the one rule
requires) we can't have any expectations about the way the space will
be treated.

If you have a member shelf already I think it would be great if you
could move your stuff there. Do you have enough space? I can make some
space on my shelf for a while if you need a waystation. The darkroom
is really crowded, although I think your new table is definitely an
improvement in our use of the space.

-Kelly