[Digitalarchivists] book scanner walk-through request

jacques revera jacquesrevera at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 03:35:26 UTC 2014

newmy51 wrote:
> Jacques, Did you not see mine and John's replies? -Danny
and
> …I have been using the scanner at the Internet Archive…They have a
special service for the visually impaired and can OCR your book to a myriad
of formats…You will have to request a text to speech service… Please
inquire with Jesse at the internet archive. He is the head of the books
group. This is a good long term solution for you, and they have a number of
resources you will find advantageous. Danny, I

I missed it because the subject line read "Re: Digitalarchivists Digest,
Vol 19, Issue 4" - But NOW YES! FANTASTIC HOOK UP FOR ME THANK YOU! DANNY!
I contacted Jesse by phone today and began a conversation. He was ready to
scan my books immediately into Daisy format and upload to the archive. I
can't do that until I understand all the daisy-copyright implications. I am
anti-copyright as an individual but working on a national project, a
Dialogue event with these two authors. I can't go down that road this week.

I explained this in more detail in an email to Jesse tonight. Sounds like
he should have a suggestion for my short-term problem.

JACQUES!