[Madhatters] my brown felt tophat

David Stainton dstainton415 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 19:45:02 UTC 2010

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the advice!
I'm going to go with black superfine wool bias.
For this I'll sew some bias tape at Nan's workshop (http://bspoketailor.com/)...
She uses it to cover the waste band seam in the wool knickers etc.

Millinery wire sounds like a good idea too.

It sounds like a good idea to machine sew one side of the bias tape
first; faster...
I was thinking to hand stitch both sides of the bias tape so that the
stitches don't
go all the way through the felt... but it probably doesn't matter that much.

David