[Noisebridge-announce] TOOOL-SF Meeting Noisebridge 3/19 1PM

Robert Hermes jetson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 17:56:23 UTC 2017

My Bay Area lock people, we have a special workshop planed for our monthly
meeting one week from today. We will be opening up some our pin tumbler
locks, repining them and putting them back together.

Sunday March 19th 1 - 4PM at Noisebridge
2169 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Getting_Here

You will need a few things to prepare for the workshop. Here are two very
good and short videos on disassembly and reassembly of the kinds of locks
we'll be repining.
youtu.be/rQXYLPoTNd4  <https://t.co/70hG4AKkxO> and https://
youtu.be/EvUDxFEki1I <https://t.co/Cn3b3MWiUv>

Materials you will want to bring with you to participate (doing is much
more fun than watching):

*Pinning Mat* (a 4" x 4" piece of cardboard with the ridges exposed works
just fine - see video 1 above)
*Tweezers* - (cosmetic tweezers will work, but if you only buy one tool for
your re pinning efforts, this will make you happiest)
*Lock - *Bring the key if you have it, if not you'll need to pick it (or
ask someone nicely to help you) You'll want to bring a pin tumbler type
lock, either a KIK or RIM cylinders. Very few padlocks are repinable, but
Bret found some awesome CHEAP Master padlocks (in Yellow) from Amazon you
might get in time...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010ECIUU/ref=oh_aui_
detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The we should have enough of the rest of the supplies and tools you will
need, but I'll list them here for your benefit:
Plug Followers - 1/2" dowel or Delrin plastic rod 1" long
Pins - Our club was generously gifted a LAB repining kit that will be
available for your high quality pin needs.

Optional:
Security pins - If you have some, bring them. We do not have a supply of
security pins. Bret held a workshop 2 years ago on making your own using a
Dremel or drill as a lathe and cutting key pins with a file.

- Bob