[Noisebridge-announce] Noisebridge MakerFaire 2017 - Request for help at the show

jarrod hicks hicksu at gmail.com
Wed May 10 01:05:41 UTC 2017

Hello Noisebridge.

MakerFaire 2017 is approaching, much faster than I expected, but we
will have some neat stuff to show people.

That being said, the most important feature of Noisebridge is its
people. We need people to represent Noisebridge at the show, hang out
at the booth and tell people about Noisebridge, hand out stickers,
collect donations, and operate and demonstrate the projects we are
bringing; the OrdiBooth and Gamebridge's VR/Augmented Reality
project(s). With a full staff, there will be time for people to help
at the booth, but also take breaks to see the show.

If you are available to help please let me know, here is a link to the
updated Doodle poll. Please sign up with your availability there, I
will use this to make a schedule. Also please send me an email so I
may contact you regarding scheduling or message me, Jarrod, on slack.

http://doodle.com/poll/qxgstvskxk4spapt#table

Thank you for reading this.

Below is more information about the event schedule.

Tuesday night, May 16
OrdiBooth Training and Volunteer coordination - 19:30
OrdiBooth Training for MakerFaire Volunteers and GameBridge volunteer
coordination. Please come learn how to use the OrdiBooth and the
details for staffing the Noisebridge MakerFaire 2017 booth.

Thursday, May 18
Meet at Noisebridge to load 08:00 - 09:00
Meet and Set Up in San Mateo 10:00am – 19:00 (probably won't need this
full time, nor as many people as we scheduled last year for
FlaschenTaschen)

Friday, May 19
Set Up, if needed. 07:30 – 12:30
Showtime 13:00 – 17:00
Maker Mixer 17:00 – 18:00*
Maker Dinner 18:00pm – 20:00*
*Times are subject to change, per MakerFaire.

Saturday, May 20
Set Up 07:30 – 09:30
Showtime 10:00 – 19:00

Sunday, May 21
Set Up 08:00 – 09:30
Showtime 10:00 – 18:00
Packup 18:00 - ~19:00 or so
Unload at Noisebridge between 19:30 and 21:00

Schedule Notes:
A. I (Jarrod) usually show up early onsite on show days to assist
people with getting in the fairgrounds and finding their way to our
booth.

B. Please sign up on the doodle poll with your availability, but
please also send your contact email to hicksu at gmail.com so I can keep
you updated on the scheduling. If you are on Slack, please join
#maker-faire-logistics

C. On Thursday, May 18th, morning I will pick up a Uhaul truck when
Uhaul opens and park it in from of NB for loading. We will load the
OrdiBooth, VR Project Stuff, NB Stuff, and other projects that are
going with us. I can take one passenger in the truck.