[Noisebridge-discuss] Bylaw structure consensus

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Mon Apr 28 05:09:41 UTC 2008

Arg, didn't complete the thought.  Let me write that all out again:

I think we want to keep "contribution" deliberately undefined, or more
accurately to let every individual define it themselves.  It's
reasonable to assume that someone will continue, as a member, in more or
  less the same way they behaved as guests or proto-members.  So this is
just to give the existing membership a chance to get to know them and
get a sense of what they'd be like as a member.

The idea of 'contribution' is to give the existing members a guideline
for the decision.  Let's say my friend Joe happens for some reason to be
friends with most of the existing membership already.  Just because we
all like him doesn't mean we should necessarily accept him as a member.
  We also have to believe that he'll be a useful and interested member;
that he will contribute to the organization.