[Noisebridge-discuss] Processing workshop scheduling

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Aug 19 19:35:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:01:54AM -0500, Scott Murray wrote:
> First, I'd like to pick a day for the Processing workshop.  I'd like
> to propose either 9/13 or 9/20.  Do people have a preference?

Either day works for me.

> Second, I'd like to propose a format.  I think an all-day session
> would be too long, but 2-3 hours is reasonable.  But I'd love to spend
> more time with people who get into it, so what about this:  Let's
> schedule 2 hours as direct teaching, followed by a break, and 2 hours
> of open workshop time for people who can/want to stick around and work
> on their projects.  I would stick around and could give more
> individual attention during the second half.  How do people feel about
> this approach?

This sounds good.  I think it might be a good idea to pad the schedule
by a half hour on the front end though -- schedule 2.5 hours and plan to
have the first half hour taken up by setting up the projector, resetting
circuit breakers, running out for coffee, people struggling to find
parking, etc.  If the session gets started only 15 minutes in, great --
but my experience is, don't plan on it. :)

-andy