[Noisebridge-discuss] A potential space - the No Starch Press building (and how we can handle voting)

Al Billings albill at arcanology.com
Thu Jan 17 21:25:39 UTC 2008

ryan wrote:
>>  You do have an opportunity to address what was said. It could have just
>> been said privately, behind your back. I think it is good that it is out in
>> the open.
>>

> Al, I have already addressed what was said. To recap, what Marc says
> isn't true. I work on a daily basis as a core organizer with IMC's in
> Istanbul, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Santiago de Chile, Rosario
> (Argentina), Berlin, Puerto Rico, Bogota, South Africa, Houston, Lima,
> Rome, Milan, West Vlaanderen, Rio de Janeiro, of course, San
> Francisco (this list keeps going) as well as a number of projects that
> are critical to core Indymedia infrastructure. Because of my
> extensive involvement and Marc's limited (if any) involvement in
> Indymedia, he doesn't make these attacks in Indymedia and instead
> brings them to forums like this.

 I couldn't care less about Indymedia. I'm more concerned with the
claims about snooping on IRC traffic and holding domains hostage.

>> So what do you suggest? We have an accusation of abuse of privileges in the
>> past. You didn't really address that and this isn't some sort of star
>> chamber where you are required to do so. That being true, it has still been
>>

> The way a disruptor like this would be handled by other organizations
> I participate in is what I have already said. The person who is
> relentlessly making personal attacks out of nowhere against another
> person should be told that it's inappropriate and they should stop
> doing it.

 Unless they happen to be true, in which case one could argue that they
are simply fair warning to others based on personal experience. It goes
both ways.

 Frankly, I don't care about whatever there is between you and Marc.
What I care about is trust (as in "Who can be trusted to hold money or
have keys to real or virtual things"). If and when we get to the point
of significant money or resources being involved, this will become an
important issue.

 Al