[Noisebridge-discuss] Bylaws meeting results on wiki

Paul Böhm paul at boehm.org
Sat Jun 21 09:24:57 UTC 2008

Congrats Noisebridge,

Great work everyone! Having your bylaws ready and quite a crowd of
interested people already sounds great!

Also your bylaws look very similiar to what i'm used from european hackerspaces!

An elected (!) board, that has free reign (members aren't involved in
day to day business),
But can be easily kicked by the memberbase, and some protective
measures against a mass join.

Have to admit i'm glad you took the Option 2-Light route, since i've
never seen anything else work before!

Now just try to keep things very open - don't get into the habit of
deciding who to accept into the group and who not to. It might sound
like a good idea, but it hurts the group more than anything. A lot of
the work here has been done by people you wouldn't have expected that
from - people change if they find something useful to do, that they're
respected for (like renovating the lab - imperfect places rock,
because there's so much stuff to do!) People that don't feel accepted
leave after a short time anyway.

Congrats again, and i hope you guys have a space by arse electronica -
i think a lot of us will come to visit for that occasion.

Paul