[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking for programmers (or could-be programmers) with free time and ideas...

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:06:52 UTC 2008

Since I've been spending time at Noisebridge, I thought I'd toss this on the
listserv and see if anyone's interested. I was involved with the Attendee
Meta-Data (AMD) project at The Last HOPE this past July. You can see the
website with videos at http://amd.hope.net.

I finally got around to getting the PHP code into a Subversion repo:
http://openbeacon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openbeacon/trunk/host/openamd/

We are re-deploying it (with a few new tricks) at the Berlin conference 25c3
(http://events.ccc.de/congress/2008/), but the nature of the project is to
be open and collaborative. If anyone wants to crack their PHP (or data
mining) knuckles, or write a cool data visualization, I can make sure it
appears in the deployment.

If nothing else, it's a good way to blow away free time, learn something,
and maybe even get your name attached to a cool project. If anyone is
interested in contributing, feel free to contact me off list.

Thanks,
aestetix

PS: I wrote the bulk of this code in a 2 week crunch, so if anyone wants to
optimize/improve parts of it, feel free!