[Noisebridge-discuss] Slow internet access at 83c

jim jim at well.com
Wed Nov 26 19:34:30 UTC 2008

comments within (essentially, i see benefits and little
harm to having a wired LAN in addition to the wifi):

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 11:23 -0800, Jeffrey Malone wrote:
> Wires inevitably add clutter no matter how nicely you do it. Extra
> cables to trip on, cover a table, etc.
   yes, but not necessarily much (for example the under-table
access idea).

> Security should not be an issue. We're all pretty technically
> informed, and I as such say anyone sending data they consider
> sensitive without some sort of connection encryption is responsible
> for problems.
as to security, who's to say who's outside but within access?
also, it's possible that some members may not be much up on
computer use, e.g. a (mythical) member with an interest in
painting, scupture, and also chemistry and electronics--that'd
be a lot to hold in one brain, were it i, i might decide to
rely on friends to solve computer problems.