[Noisebridge-discuss] flooring

Bill Pollock bill at nostarch.com
Mon Oct 6 06:54:15 UTC 2008

I've done a bit of research into flooring for our new building on
Ringold Street.

If you guys want to put down hardwood flooring, the cheapest place that
I've found is Cal Wood Flooring (http://www.calwood.com/). That's if you
want say 3/4" inch thick oak flooring, which won't be trivial to install.

Actually, you will probably find cheaper stuff at lumber liquidators in
the East Bay but they're customer service stinks and their quality is
iffy. But that may not be an issue; this is rented space afterall.

If you want carpet you should be able to get cheap remnants easily.

You can get cheap stone tiles (maybe $2/sq ft or less?) at a Chinese
owned place right by the Alemany Farmer's Market. You can also get
really cheap granite countertops there (something like $250 for 6ft or
something).

Costco has some stuff including a garage tile system that could be
interesting and cheap. I know it's online and I think I've seen it in
their stores.

And as Shannon suggests, carpet squares might be a very good option.

I'm sure that there are other places and options that I'm missing but
this is what I've found.

Linoleum will need to be maintained by the way.