[Noisebridge-discuss] key access for non-signers

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Thu Oct 2 16:26:42 UTC 2008

OK, let me see if I can state the new position...

* Until we've incorporated, only people with their names on the lease have
keys.
* Once we've incorporated, everybody gets keys.
* Eventually, everybody gets electronic keypad access.

I've been mentally thinking "any time now" for incorporation, and "two weeks
to two months" for electronic keypad access.  If that's the case, I think
this is a reasonable solution.

If it's going to take longer than a couple of days to get incorporated, we
should discuss interim access solutions, for example...

* core hours (say, 12-12) that members can expect to find someone at the
space
* get more people's names on the lease -- this needn't make them board
members, but if the sticking point is people's names being on the lease,
then we should get more signers so we have more key-holders.

Some combination of the two points above should make a reasonable interim
solution.

--S