[Noisebridge-discuss] AP info and gear needed

grey artkiver at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:24:50 UTC 2008

Howdy folks,

I'm not really a fan of mailing lists so I'll keep this short:

As discussed, I've got an AP that I can bring by tomorrow to get
interim net access to the Wiese Str. location, it's got two RP-SMA
antennae male connectors on it but I have no female
connectors+antennae to attach to it, and I don't think the onboard
external antennae will be enough to do the trick, so if anyone has an
antenna with an RP-SMA female connector to use that would come in
handy.  Ideally, two so that I can attach one to the AP I'll be
beaming things from.  (I won't need four because one antenna connector
is for 802.11b/g and the other is for 802.11a and we will only be
using the 802.11b/g due to some issues which I won't go into here).
On a similar note, I could use another AC adapter that outputs 48V @
0.38Amps to plug into the AP as well (I've got one, but I will be
moving the other AP to a spot w/o PoE), I s'pose simply a PoE injector
would also work but is probably less likely to be knocking around in
people's spare parts bins.

Anyway, any help on antennae or power as outlined above would be handy
for tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

-grey