[Noisebridge-discuss] eprint on Marie Antoinette's cryptography

David Alexander Molnar dmolnar at EECS.berkeley.EDU
Wed Apr 15 00:58:48 UTC 2009

Particularly for crazy crypto night people, but others may find it useful
as well:

I shall love you up to the death
Valerie Nachef and Jacques Patarin

In this paper, we explain the encryption algorithm used by the Queen of
France Marie-Antoinette to send letters to Axel von Fersen during the
French Revolution. We give the complete deciphering of some letters for
which we found differences with the text taken from historical books. We
also provide the deciphering of one letter that seems to be unkown so far.
The results we get bring new proofs on Marie-Antoinette's deep affection
for Fersen. Finally, we mention some open questions about Marie-Antoinette's
correspondence with Axel von Fersen.

  http://eprint.iacr.org/2009/166