[Noisebridge-discuss] Help with Eagle CAD

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Apr 21 22:26:18 UTC 2009

Eagle does not (any more?) require Windows.  It runs on Macs too and I
believe most *nixes.

I've heard from various reputable sources that Eagle produces the
particular PCB layout file type that's the defacto standard for board
fabbing.  Perhaps GEDA does this too?

Also I tried an open source tool that is clearly intended for the
newbie, in that you get a picture of a breadboard and can drop parts
into that.  It is called Fritzing (http://fritzing.org/) and I'm gonna
check back on it in another 6 months as it could not quite do the simple
circuit I tried to do on it a few months back.

Rachel