[Noisebridge-discuss] CC for stuff idea

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Tue Aug 25 00:48:45 UTC 2009

I rather like the Creative Commons system for copyrights; it's clear,
easy to use, and fairly low key.

Some recent discussions made me think of how one might easily indicate
how to treat one's stuff. What would y'all think of something like
this?

There are three kinds of stickers (see pic), with a few variants of
each (like CC's commercial/non-commercial, by / no-by, share-alike /
non-sa).

Stick 'em on the thing in question, leave it around, and people can
easily tell what you want 'em to do with it.

At the moment I mean this as a general idea; whether NB folk would use
it or not is a separate question. (FWIW though: NBers are already
using NB stickers to mean "hack this, it's ours", AFAICT.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26792823@N07/3853689665/

- Sai

PS Yeah I suck at being pretty. And consider it public domain.