[Noisebridge-discuss] membership dues via employer matching funds?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Aug 25 19:17:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:44:53AM -0700, Nathan wrote:
> I'm a little confused by this discussion.

I'm sorry we're confusing. :)  The answer for your case is very simple,
it's just that some people are trying to do more complicated things.

> As an ideological non-member, can I donate money without paying
> membership dues?

Absolutely!

> Does this complicate anything for NB legally?

No, we love donations!  They help us demonstrate to the IRS that we are
a bona fide public benefit nonprofit, receiving support from a broad
cross-section of the public.

> This is in fact exactly what I'd like to do, and I have an employer
> non-profit matching program.

That is great!  We're happy to do the paperwork necessary to make this
happen.  Your matching program will probably want some documentation
from us; they can contact secretary at noisebridge.net or send paper mail

Noisebridge Secretary
83c Wiese St
San Francisco, CA 94103

There may be enough information to answer their questions at:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/510c3

-andy