[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge has a(potentially) newcommunication medium: The Noisebridge ning network!

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Mon Dec 21 06:12:40 UTC 2009

Ani writes:
---- Start of Snippet ----
To others, I'm a bit disappointed that so much vilification and baseless
assumptions have permeated this thread that should have been a simple "oh
that looks neat, maybe I'll start using it" or "I have no use for this and
I'll keep doing what I'm doing" from the participants. Making a non-issue
into a long thread is a nasty habit we seem to have here and I'm hoping to
help break people of this. For all we like to go on about being a do-ocracy
we seem to have no trouble trying to pick apart something someone has
actually done for us.

In summary, don't like it? Don't bloody use it.
----  End of Snippet  ----

I think that discussing whether something is good vs scam vs other is
useful. The discussion has been reasonably light on this subject, which is
fine. Offering a "-1" is often as useful as a "+1", in this situation, it's
talking about a communication method that (ostensibly) would be used by
many.

I had a private conversation with the Bishop Prince of Noise Bridge and can
now say that I believe his project is so "suspect" that I probably wouldn't
use it even if others did. It seemed like a good conversation except that he
asked about my objections, I offered him/her constructive feedback, and
he/she responded with wordy avoidance. :-(

Lee